The Children's Equity Project (CEP) and the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) are releasing a new report that reviews the data, research, and policy landscapes of key equity issues in learning settings. The report includes an actionable equity policy agenda that aims to create more equitable systems for our youngest learners. Dr. Shantel Meek, CEP Founding Director, and Linda Smith, Director for Early Childhood Initiatives at BPC, will review the report's findings and policy roadmap, and facilitate a panel conversation featuring:
- Shantel Meek, Founding Director, Children’s Equity Project, Arizona State University
- Linda Smith, Director, Early Childhood Initiative, Bipartisan Policy Center
- Dr. Rosemarie Allen, President and CEO, Institute for Racial Equity and Excellence
- Dr. Gene Garcia, Professor, Arizona State University
- Dr. Mary Louise Hemmeter, Professor, Vanderbilt University
This is the first webinar in a 4-part series. We will be hosting three additional webinars to take a deeper dive into harsh discipline in learning settings, inclusion of children with disabilities, and equitable access to dual-language learning. Please stay tuned for additional information.